boston this friday to where central or northern vermont

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bab

boston this friday to where central or northern vermont

Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:00 pm

I have read most of the posts from the last two weeks and I am still confused. Seem some say the color is in full burst north and other say leaves are off the trees.

with all the weather in your area I can only imagine it is at best anyones guess as to where the best of the best would be.

Would my best bet be to drive north friday afternoon to the upper part of vermont find a hotel and see for my self?

Or should I stop in Woodstock for the night and work the surrounding area till monday?

Also will I be able to find some accomidations by chance or do I really need reservations.

Barry

pwt54

Re: boston this friday to where central or northern vermont

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:12 pm

It's a tough call. Right now there is good color from Waitsfield and north to Stowe and northeast from there. It should last to the weekend. Colors are early from about Peacham in eastern Vt. south. The center area along route 100 from Granville south to maybe route 107 took a beating from the wind. Right now I'd say where ever you can find a room would be the place to go. You should check out vermontpartners.org and click on innkeeper to see what is available. There is not a lot of rooms left.