Drove-the-length-of-Vermont report :)

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ixl

Drove-the-length-of-Vermont report :)

Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:47 pm

Greetings all, from my rented SUV somewhere near Jay, VT. :)

Well, today was a cruddy day as advertised. I kept going north until the rain mostly stopped. Might get some more tomorrow but the day shouldn't be a writeoff like today was.

I took Route 7 from Bennington to Manchester, then 11 to 100 and 100 all the way up here.

Route 7 is pretty nice along that stretch, lots of color. The color near Bennington is nicer than near Manchester so far this year.

Route 11 was also quite nice -- what of it I could see through the fog -- and route 100 is a great drive. Most of 100 is at or near peak, some parts are past and some just look drab without being really "past" peak.

By the time I got to Stowe it was getting pretty dark. The colors looked drab to me BUT -- the eye loses color sensitivity in low light so I don't want to make any judgments. Going to drive around tomorrow and check out the greater area... staying out of the rain hopefully.

That's it for now...

Charles
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!