October 4 - 6, which area is best?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

kitkat

October 4 - 6, which area is best?

Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:34 pm

My boyfriend and I will be visiting Vermont October 4 - 6. We have the following choices for where to stay:<BR>Burlington/Williston (Residence Inn)<BR>Montpelier (Comfort Inn at Maplewood)<BR>White River Junction (Comfort Inn)<P>I'm sure any of them would be fine since we will be driving around a lot anyway. But in your opinion, which would be the best place to make our base?<P>If anyone has opinions on the hotels themselves, that would be helpful as well.<P>Thanks!!!

Kerry Gough

Re: October 4 - 6, which area is best?

Sun Sep 23, 2001 3:42 pm

I agree. Your best bet would be Montpelier. It is a great, beautiful little village and a very relaxing place. From there, you can make super day trips to see the good parts of Central Vermont.<P>Be sure and travel east out to the Peacham area. You may want to even cross into New Hampshire and go through Franconia Notch and then back to Vermont. Go west by dropping down to Northfield and Roxbury and taking Roxbury Gap over to the Sugarbush area at Warren and Waitsfield. From there you could go up to Stowe and then decide on a couple routes back to Montpelier.<P>Don't be afraid of the backroads (packed dirt). That is the way to see the pure, country beauty of the area. Since you will be at the Capitol, be sure and visit it. The thirty minutes tour is well worth the short time it takes.<P>Email me if you would like a couple route suggestions.<P>Enjoy your visit!<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>