Oct 8-9 Confirmed Plan . But gloomy ..help needed

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

craigslist1918

Oct 8-9 Confirmed Plan . But gloomy ..help needed

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:34 pm

Dear Friends,

I have been to NH few times before for Foliage trips. This is the first to Vermont. I have booked a hotel in Mendon (Killington area) and cannot cancel it (14 days notice). So decided to go on with the trip.

And now rain is forecast for the weekend. Things are not looking good. I want to make the best out of the trip.

Currently, we are planning to visit Ben and Jerrys and Cabot. I have heard very good reviews about Vermont and abt the rolling hills and scenic drives.

Please suggest good routes that have scenic drives and good color. I know asking for good color is little above considering the warm weather. But hey, I am very disappointed right now and need some encouragement.

Please help me make the best out of this two day trip. I am driving from the Boston area.

Thank you.

pwt54

Re: Oct 8-9 Confirmed Plan . But gloomy ..help needed

Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:45 pm

The northeast section of Vermont from route 108 and east and route 15 and north will be peak this weekend. If you are going to Ben & Jerry's and cabot you'll be at the southern edge of peak foliage. Just head north another 1/2 hour and you'll be right in the middle of. don't let the gloomy weather fool you. The leaves will shine. You may find route 100 as far south as route 125 has good color and routes 73,125,and 17 between route 100 and route US 7 will have good color also.