Lyndonville Area Sept. 20-25?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Lyndonville Area Sept. 20-25?

Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:22 pm

We had to reschedule from a later trip. Any thoughts on how we will do for peak or near-peak foliage?

svmoderator

Re: Lyndonville Area Sept. 20-25?

Sun Sep 16, 2001 11:33 pm

For Lyndonville up there in the Northeast Kingdom, I think you should be fine for foliage then...how about some of our NE Kingdom "regulars" out there? Will these people see some great color next week, starting Thursday, through the 25th? My "read" on it is yes...has anyone been there to give us a firsthand account? Susanne

Re: Lyndonville Area Sept. 20-25?

Wed Sep 19, 2001 7:09 am

I hiked up Burke Mountain on Saturday Sept. 15 and what a beautiful, clear blue sky and isolated bursts of red and orange on the mid-elevations. In fact, this may be my favorite time of the year because, even though green still predominates in the Lyndonville area, these beginning transitional flashes of color stand out all the more so amidst the green. My suggestion is to bring some binoculars so you can scan the ridges to the east of Willoughby Gap, where a number of trees looked like they would be ready to burst with color by the weekend of the 22nd-23rd. Enjoy! --Alex, Boston, MA