Foliage peak

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

yw1949

Foliage peak

Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:47 pm

Please advise- what is the best time this year, to visit Vermont's various parts?<BR>Thanks!

svmoderator

Re: Foliage peak

Thu Sep 13, 2001 9:40 am

I just checked our foliage maps at <A HREF="http://www.foliage-vermont.com," TARGET=_blank>www.foliage-vermont.com,</A> and they are showing a quite accurate progression of what's happening to the color scheme so far. <P>Generally speaking, the color begins in the north and moves south, and also begins at higher elevations and moves lower. So, you can get a variety of colors at given times throughout the state. By the end of September, you'll see some peak color at higher elevations and more northern areas.<BR>Also, the Champlain Islands and surrounding areas usually have earlier color because of the surrounding warm water of Lake Champlain.<P>Keep watching our maps, and I'll be reporting some color sitings after this weekend...I'm traveling to the Mad River Valley from Quechee, and I'll be checking it all out...all the color, that is. Something significant should be visible soon. Susanne<BR>