Ten day rv trip planning

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

moonriver

Ten day rv trip planning

Postby moonriver » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:21 pm

We are leaving the Boston area in a 22' RV on the 3rd of October for a 10 day trip and would like to go to Maine, NH, VT and then back to Boston. We live in N. Cal. My questions: Is going north first then heading west and south best that time in Oct., or the reverse? Do we need reservations at RV parks or could we follow the foliage? Suggested routes and places to stay? Thanks - this forum looks like a great resource.

bm

Re: Ten day rv trip planning

Postby bm » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:21 am

Go north first and then work your way south. I would definately make reservations for camping. This is the most popular tourism time (in VT anyway) and I know that many Inns/Motels/B&B's get booked months ahead of time and can only imagine the same holds true for campgrounds.
Sugar Ridge campground in Danville, VT is a nice one to spend a few days in.
Check out www.rv.net and ask this question on their forums. They should give you a better idea as to scarcity of campgrounds accommodations at this time.

moonriver

Re: Ten day rv trip planning

Postby moonriver » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback. This is our first RV trip so I will check out www.rv.net.

Return to “Foliage Forum”