foilage season 2005

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

barclays

foilage season 2005

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:38 pm

Hi, We are planning a 25th wedding anniversary holiday and wondered what the foilage season would be like, we arrive in Meredeth on 23rd Oct then go on to stowe on 30th Oct till 5th Nov, is this to late to see the fall colours? We also arrive in Boston on 18th till 22nd Oct. Any info would be wonderful of places to see and things to do, and honest info on leaf foilage like are we to late to see best colours or any at all!!!
Thanks

lisarmc

Re: foilage season 2005

Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:41 am

First I would like to wish you an early Happy 25th Anniversary. I was able to experience my first Fall in Vermont last October and had a wonderful time. We arrived on october 14th and stayed until the 18th. The locals told us that we where about a week late for the BIG color, but what we seen was WONDERFUL. I'm no expert, but I think you might be to late. You have picked the right place though to get good answers to foilage and area questions. Good Luck!
Sincerely,
Lisa McB.

pwt54

Re: foilage season 2005

Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:28 pm

I am afraid that foliage that far north will be gone by when you arrive. Southeast and southwest Vermont and New Hampshire may still have colours. My advice is to check this site starting in mid-September and see how things are going. Take notes on on back country rides mentioned. Those rides are nice without foliage.