NE Kingdom during labor day weekend

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

NE Kingdom during labor day weekend

Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:41 am

Hi,<P>My wife and I are planning on visiting NE<BR>Kingdom during labor day weekend.<P>What are the places to visit in NE Kingdom <BR>in order to get best foliage views?<P>What are the other places in NE Kingdom<BR>worth visiting.<P>Thanks.<P>

svmoderator

Re: NE Kingdom during labor day weekend

Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:57 am

Dear Philly,<BR>Labor Day weekend is coming up quick, you'll just be seeing the beginnin of fall foliage during that time. It will be beautiful, tho', with lots of green interspersed with other bright colors. The Fairbanks Museum in St. Johnsbury is a wonderful planetarium, 802-748-2372. Maple Grove Farms of Vermont's museum and factory is in St. J, Exit 1 of I-93, 802-748-5141. You should also definitely visit The Great Maze, the corn maze in North Danville, 802-748-1399 <A HREF="http://www.vermontcornmaze.com." TARGET=_blank>www.vermontcornmaze.com.</A> Near Barton, there are several lakes: Lake Willoughby, Crystal Lake, Shadow and Parker Lake. Of course, there's Lake Memphremagog in Newport. If you're bargain-hunting for winter sports clothing, don't miss the Bogner Factory Outlet in Newport. And, you can take a tram ride at Jay Peak to view the surrounding mountains from the top. Going to or from Jay Peak, you ought to go through Hazens Notch on Rte. 58 (closed in winter), which crosses the Long Trail at its summit. Lots to do, hope this gives you some ideas. Susanne

Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:20 pm

Thanks Susanne.<BR>Greatly appreciate your advice.

svmoderator

Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:30 pm

I agree...I'm always heading to the mountains, but the lakes are gorgeous, too, and the trees and hillsides reflecting on the water make a breathtaking view. You won't be far from these lakes at Hazens Notch and the other places I mentioned. Enjoy! Susanne