northern vermont and central vermont foliage summary

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

elihabsfan

northern vermont and central vermont foliage summary

Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:42 am

Hi - Just in Vermont from Thursday, October 7 through Sunday, October 10th, and for those headed for northern New England, I wanted to report on what I'd found.

Overall, it was a great visit. There are a surprising number of leaves still on the trees in the St. Johnsbury area... with the color, in my view, just past peak. The best color I saw was on Sunday on my way from St. Johnsbury down Route 91 to White River Junction and then down I-89 into Central New Hampshire. Superb color in those directions... really nice.

On October 9th my family and I were in Cabot, West Danville, Woodbury, Calais, and Marshfield, and while the color there was slightly past peak, it was still excellent, albeit probably 3-4 days past the peak brilliance.

I think the colors this year were very good, but I wasn't wowed like I am sometimes with spectacular bursts of brilliance - although with 3 kids under the age of three, I wasn't able to do the touring along the backroads that I would normally do to get the real brilliant vistas.

Seems like a great time to be in Vermont (but then again, when ISN'T it a good time to be in Vermont!!).

bright colorful happiness to all

pwt54

Re: northern vermont and central vermont foliage summary

Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:27 am

That's pretty much what I saw yesterday. It's late peak with a lot of colors left. It's suprising that there is still so much red and orange still left up there.