Oct 7 - 12

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Oct 7 - 12

Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:52 am

I know information will be better as timing gets closer, but does anybody have any thoughts on how I'll make out for foliage in the Ludlow area the week of Oct 7th - 12th? I thought I'd be timing it just right and am now worried that I might be a week too late.

svmoderator

Re: Oct 7 - 12

Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:05 am

Ilene,<BR>In Ludlow you should be fine. I just recommended that someone stay in Killington or Woodstock Oct. 4 -10. You have to be ready to take a drive north or south for aways depending on how the season goes, just to seek out the absolute peak foliage, but that's part of the fun, touring around and seeing things as you go. It actually never varies more than a few days either way, and in my opinion, you've timed it right. Keep watching <A HREF="http://www.foliage-vermont.com" TARGET=_blank>www.foliage-vermont.com</A> and this forum for updates, and you can plan side trips according to how the color is progressing...but I think you've planned very well. Susanne