PWT'S update Oct. 10

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

PWT'S update Oct. 10

Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:54 pm

My brother and I went on a foliage run today. We started at route 15 in Morrisville and took route 100 south to Weston. Route 15 is great as is route 100 south to Warren. Route 100 from Granville Gulf to about route US 4 is GONE. The winds have stripped the leaves off the trees. Route 100 from route US 4 south to Ludlow is still good and gets better as you get into Weston. We took the Andover Road from route 100 to route 11 just west of Chester. Chester was busy but nothing compared to Grafton. There is good color down there but you are in Red Oak country and they haven't turned yet. We toured around Grafton and then went to the Cheese Factory and tested their cheese. We took route 121 to Bellows Falls. It's not a terribly colorful road but it's a nice ride and the quickest way to I-91. We stopped at a store so my brother could get a coffee. I talked to a couple bikers and they sais the best color they saw was route 73 over Brandon Gap. By this time the clouds were getting heavy and it was misty so judging the foliage was difficult. We went sightseeing and ended up at the Jenne Farm. I took a few photos. The trees are coming along nicely around the farm. Good time to check it out. The farm is on the Jenne Road off route 106 about 3.2 miles south of South Woodstock. It's half way down a long hill on the west side. We went throught Woodstock to get to interstate I-89. Woodstock was a madhouse. Here's the kicker, the best foliage we saw was on I-89 between Bethel and Waterbury!!! Right now I would say the Woodstock area and south will be okay for next weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to the area northeast of Woodstock and check that area out.

ixl

Re: PWT'S update Oct. 10

Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:21 pm

Thanks for the update, pwt.

I drove through Manchester today.. it was wall-to-wall cars! Wow, what a zoo. :)
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!