Which lake/pond I have to see

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Kai

Which lake/pond I have to see

Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:03 pm

According from the threads on this forum, the coming weekend the peak will be at the South of I-89 and Rt2 but not for high elevations. Is this a safe bet?

So I am going to concentrate on those areas. I like waterview, especially from mountain top.
Here are what I can find on my map:
Chittenden Reservoir
Lake Bomoseen
Lake Dunmore
Silver Lake State Park
Peacham Pond
Shelburne Pond
Lake Iroquois Waterbury Res.
Lake Hartonia

I also love to see valleys from mountain tops, so I guess my best chance would be between Rt100 and RT7/RT116?

What about Groton State Forrest/Peachham(PWT said it's peaking now, will it last to this weekend?),
Granville Gulf State Park
Roxbury State Park,
Hump Satte park,
Little River State Park,
Mt Philo state park,
Kingland Bay State Park,
Button Bay State Park,
Chimney Point State Park

What about Water Falls?

I have 2 days, but should be able to do 3 days. I guess I am hoping too much, but I am really excited.

Kai

pwt54

Re: Which lake/pond I have to see

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:33 pm

Chittenden Reservoir, Lake Dunsmore with the Falls of Lana next door, Peacham Pond and Kettle Pond in the Groton State Forest along with Owl’s Head Mountain( short hike and great views of Kettle Pond and Peak Foliage this weekend.) Granville Gulf for the Gulf and Moss Glen Falls, Mt Philo for great views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks. The rest don’t have what you are looking for.

Kai

Re: Which lake/pond I have to see

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:57 pm

PWT,
You are just fantastic!

Kai