Ocotber, 7th 8th and 9th

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

yellowbull

Ocotber, 7th 8th and 9th

Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:52 pm

OK, this will be my first time in Vermont and I can't wait to get there. I live in Phoenix, Arizona and it's still 95 degrees. Anyway, the 7th and 8th I'll be in Killington, and on the 9th I'll be up in Lyndonville.

I'm looking for advice on driving routes, bridges, farms and a nice place for some apple cider in either location. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BYW, I've learned so much from this website.

Dave

pwt54

Re: Ocotber, 7th 8th and 9th

Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:29 pm

Colors in Killington may be early about then. You need to go farther north a ways. Route 100 and the side routes 73 and 125 will be good. Off route 100 you have a covered bridge in Warren Villag and one on Bridge Street in Waitsfield off the right side of Rt. 100. In the Woodstock / Quechee area there is one beside route 4 before Woodstock, one in Taftsville off the left side of route 4 and in Quechee at the flashing yellow light, turn left for a bridge. In Lyndonville there are bridges on the Burrington road on the right side of route 114. The is one off the Stevens loop that starts opposite route 114. There are 2 off the South Wheelock Road. This road starts on route 5 just of the I-91 interchange. The first one is beside the road. For the next one drive up the road and look for the Chamberlain Bridge Road on the left. Best color will be south and west of Lyndonville. The Peacham / Barnet area, Groton and nthe Groton State Forest, Cabot, route 15 to Morrisville and then route 100 south. On route 100 south between Stowe and Waterbury you have the Cold Hollow Cider Mill, The Cabot Cheese Outlet, and the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream factory. A great area for a rainy day.

yellowbull

Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:43 pm

Thanks pwt54......Do you know of any pretty rivers, streams, ponds or lakes that are a must see in those areas? Also, how long does it take to drive from Killington to Lyndonville?

Dave

yellowbull

Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:49 pm

Oh btw, if you could rate your top 5 or 10 areas to be in later this week, what would they be?

Dave