Updated required

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

cashelan

Updated required

Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:46 pm

Hello,
I am planning to leave on the 5th. I was wondering if its early or late.
Can I have updates on the following places.
Route 14, craftsbury common village..
Hazen Notch
Groton Forest
Stowe waterfalls
route 17. If lincoln gap is more difficult then I would like to to kelly stand road.

Thank you very much guys..

pwt54

Re: Updated required

Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:25 pm

Craftsbury should still be good. Hazen's Notch will be borderline but worth it. Groton State Forest; Great. The parking lot for Bingham Falls is a few hundred feet past the Inn on the Mountain on the left side of route 108. The trail is across the road. Go north of Stowe on route 100 about 2 miles. You'll come to a long straightaway with a farm on the left. Route 100 curves to the left after the farm and there is a paved road going straight off the beginning of the curve. Take thie road, the Randolph Road, about 1/4 of a mile and look for the Moss Glen Falls Road on the right. Drive until the road curves sharply to the right. Look for a small parking area at the left. Walk the trail This is a good falls. Colors should still be good in Stowe.