Burlington Accomodation

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Burlington Accomodation

Sat Aug 04, 2001 11:01 am

my friend and I are foreign traveller and will visit Vermont after Montreal. We'd like to have an impressive foliage holiday. Is anyone have accomodation suggestion in Burlington? We'll not drive so we think shuttle bus or in walking distance might be better. Thanks.<P>

svmoderator

Re: Burlington Accomodation

Tue Aug 07, 2001 6:10 pm

Hi, Since you won't have a car, I suggest some accommodations within walking distance of or in downtown Burlington. Here are some choices that would work: the Radisson is a modern hotel overlooking Lake Champlain, and it's right in the heart of shopping and restaurants; the other two are historic, restored New England inns...all located within the main downtown Burlington area and Lake Champlain. You should have a great trip, we just recommended coming to Vermont from Montreal to someone else who wanted an interesting and uncrowded way to get here. Have a great trip!<BR>Susanne<P>Radisson Hotel Burlington <BR>60 Battery Street Burlington VT 05401 802-658-6500 <BR>The only full service hotel located in the heart of downtown Burlington overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mtns of New York. <BR>radisson@together.net <P>Chittenden County<BR>Lang House on Main Street, LLC <BR>360 Main Street Burlington VT 05401 877-919-9799 <BR>Restored Eastlake style Victorian; 3 Blocks from downtown Burlington; UVM's Champlain College; walk to waterfront; Airport short drive; 9 rooms, all private baths; Chef's breakfast; AC, TV's, modem hookups and phones. <BR>innkeeper@langhouse.com <P>Chittenden County<BR>Willard Street Inn <BR>349 South Willard St. Burlington VT 05401 802-651 8710 <BR>Burlington's first historic inn boasts 14 elegant rooms, all with private bath, some with views of Lake Champlain and gardens. Breakfast served in plant-filled solarium. Walk to downtown, waterfront. <BR>info@willardstreetinn.com