Killington Gondola

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Rebecca

Killington Gondola

Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:19 am

Would anyone recommend the Killington Gondola ride on Oct.11? Will it be too late by then, or even worth it? I'll be in Woodstock that weekend and am looking for something new to try. Also, will Middlebury be well past peak by the 12th?

pwt54

Re: Killington Gondola

Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:45 am

If it's not too cold or covered with a foot on snow, I'd do the gondola even if the colors were gone by. Middlebury, being in the Champlain Valley and loaded with red oak may still have some good color. I'd hop onto route 30 south in Middlebury. Should be good color along that road from Poultney south. I'd drive through Poultney down to route 153 south and that to route 315 east in Rupert. Turn left and drive route 315 east back to route 30 north in East Ruppert. Turn left and drive route 30 north Pawlet and turn right onto route 113 north to Middletown Springs. Turn left onto route 140 west and drive that back to route 30 north in Poultney and head back to Middlebury.

Rebecca

Re: Killington Gondola

Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:53 pm

Thanks pwt...good idea! and thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge about Vermont's beautiful back roads. What an asset you are to Vermont tourism. Keep up the good work!!