White Mountains & NH Report

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

MinnieB

White Mountains & NH Report

Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:35 pm

I was in the White Mountains area on Saturday. The foliage was spectacular. Though, I didn't get to spend much time there. I started to go on the Kanc but already at 7:30 in the morning the first parking area stop was filled and I think that one was the largest one. I came up 93 from the south then headed east on the Kance for about 4 miles or so, then I turned back got back on 93 went up to Rt.2 through Twin Mountain and then over to Maine and down to Evan's Notch and the Basin Resevoir on my way to the Fryeburg Fair. I was supposed to meet a friend at The Basin, but was 90 min. late. But everything I saw was pretty great. Evan's Notch overlook was great. That was my first time there. Fryeburg had some color, but was still pretty green. Traffic was horrendous. To avoid 112 going home I went south through the lakes district to get back to Lebanon. Spotty color through there, still a lot of green. Canaan is peak though, lots of bright colors there. I was there on Sunday, too. Mt. Cardigan looked really good on Sunday.