Standard Mountain September 22nd

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

admin
Site Admin

Standard Mountain September 22nd

Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:41 pm

Thursday was cloudy and rainy with muted colors so decided to look for the best early foliage color on Standard Mountain. If you really want to see good color in the NEK early in the season, then Standard Mountain between Hardwick and Lyndonville is the place to go.
Attachments
stannard-3298.jpg

GopalM

Re: Standard Mountain September 22nd

Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:23 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:41 pm
Thursday was cloudy and rainy with muted colors so decided to look for the best early foliage color on Standard Mountain. If you really want to see good color in the NEK early in the season, then Standard Mountain between Hardwick and Lyndonville is the place to go.
You mean like Stannard mountain road? Can you please suggest some other backroads and easy hikes in that area. Also are there any ponds/lakes and scenic vistas/overlooks in that area?

Thank you very much for the update. I was getting little disappointed that I won’t see much color during our fall vacation on the first weekend of October in NEK. Your foliage update is giving me some hope. Vermont is still very beautiful even without any fall colors but I have been waiting impatiently,whole year to see those breathtaking fall foliage views in NEK and hence getting little anxious.😅