Last week of September or mid October

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Colorado Mom

Last week of September or mid October

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:18 pm

Hi everyone
Looking for some advice on how the foliage is coming along. We have the opportunity to stay at one of our fav spots at the last minute. Either the last week of September.....yikes next week or starting October 14th. I realize the 14th is late and am worried we will miss all the colors. At the same time am worried we won't see much next week either. We will be staying in Woodstock but visiting the Stowe area and north. Of course the Kanc too. If you had to pick which date would you choose?

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Last week of September or mid October

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:42 pm

Hi Colorado Mom! So happy you are going back to Vermont!!!! This is a tough question but if it were me, I would choose the first option (next week) because there is a cold snap coming in a couple of days and things could move forward. You would have to head to the NEK or northern NH. But I'm sure you already know that..... Going later your run the risk of wind and rains. However, if you go after the second choice, SE VT or SW VT, or perhaps the Champlain Valley would be your options.

Go for next week!!! Just enjoy being in Vermont and all the festivals! What is the beginning and end dates???

Yay! So happy for you! :D

Colorado Mom

Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi CT
Thanks for the advice! After looking back at my pics from previous trips I realized next week it is. Now I just have to pull it all together which is a challenge at this point. I am use to planning a year in advance! We are so excited and hope everything comes together. It sounds like the weather could be in our favor for some quick changes. Either way just being in Vermont will make me so happy :D

falldrivingisfun

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:22 pm

I'm further south in Central MA. Here I am seeing trees turning in town and in the swampy areas, but most trees are still pretty green. Wish I had the ability to go up north and see up that way but my gf currently has covid so have to stay close to home. Good luck on your trip.
Attachments
ma2.JPG
centma1.JPG