I'm craving cider donuts!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

I'm craving cider donuts!!!

Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:26 pm

'Nuf said.. :mrgreen:

Have a great weekend fall foliage fanatics! :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Colorado Mom

Re: I'm craving cider donuts!!!

Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:52 pm

Same!!!! Pumpkin pancakes and anything maple. Krispy Kreme has the cider donuts. Haven't seen them anywhere else around here. Burning fall candles and bought my first mum !!!!
Come on FALL, hurry up :mrgreen:

Gator

Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:53 pm

100% agree CT and a maple creemee too! Bragg, Canteen, Cold Hollow, Neil Farm, Village, Sama’s, Douglas Orchards, BB, Gordo, just to name a quick few. The list is long and Fall is short :D

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:26 pm

Hey Colorado Mom and Gator! Great ideas! I don't know what's gotten into me the past few days, but I can feel the seasons changing and Vermont is calling. (And I must go.... had to add this :) ). Well, next weekend we hope to get back up for the day and I need to stop at the Apple Barn in Bennington! :shock: Best cider donuts at their bakery, they make the minis and they are great for a road trip. I usually eat half the box myself......

So.... this morning at 11:00 I asked my friend, "Can you take me to Vermont?" I'm so fortunate to be a hop, skip and jump away, so off we went for my early VT shot in the arm (although I've been up there quite a bit this summer) and ended in Brattleboro and Dummerston, some new back roads AND a very quick hike. I HAVE to hike when I'm up there and finally went to a spot that has been on my radar for years, a beautiful place called Retreat Farms. A separate post will follow! What a gem!

I feel so much better when I get back from Vermont or for that matter, even just being up there. It is such a warm feeling, like sitting in front of a blazing fire in winter or burying myself under down blankets after shoveling, etc. A glow of pure contentment!

It's hard to describe those feelings to those not obsessed with Vermont. :lol: They usually end up just rolling their eyes! :roll:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Colorado Mom

Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:18 am

Oh the maple creemees!!!! My daughter and I were on a mission to find the best in Vermont. Now that was fun :D
Don't worry about those people rolling their eyes CT lol They will probably never understand our love for Vermont, I know members of my own family don't quite get it. Its OK obsess away, I'm right there with you :mrgreen: