Fall is just around the corner! Mother Nature's autumn tease this weekend in the northeast! Vermont is waiting for you!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fall is just around the corner! Mother Nature's autumn tease this weekend in the northeast! Vermont is waiting for you!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:45 am

Wow! Woke up to 50's this morning with the windows open all night! :shock: What a nice early blast of cool air this whole weekend to remind us of what is about to unfold in just a few weeks. The excitement is building despite the fact that we have had quite the summer of relentless heat and heat waves, not to mention the lack of rain causing moderate to severe drought in some areas of New England.

That said, we were hiking in the western CT/NY border yesterday and saw lots of early leaf change in the higher elevations. My personal thoughts are that this will be an early and fast pop of color for the 2022 fall foliage season. Our local reports state that we expect to peak in CT in late September rather than October. We'll just have to wait and see!

This is perfect hiking weather and next weekend I'll be off to Manchester, VT to another new trailhead. I hope to get two more hikes in before Labor Day Weekend in Vermont before the fall excursions begin!

Stay tuned!!!!:🍁🍁🍁🍁🥾🥾🥾🥾
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Gator

Re: Fall is just around the corner! Mother Nature's autumn tease this weekend in the northeast! Vermont is waiting for

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:01 pm

Excited for Fall here as well CT! My cousin with apple + peach orchards is saying the drought is helping concentrate the fruit flavor. Can’t wait to try the apples in a month!