Autumnal Air Mass Arrives in New England Mid Week

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Autumnal Air Mass Arrives in New England Mid Week

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Hey VT foliage fanatics, perfect fall days ahead with 50s and 60s with some overnight 30s in the NEK and 40s elsewhere. Cool air arriving around Tuesday night and thereafter.

This will stoke the foliage fires for sure! Lots of sunshiny days ☀️ and the loss of daytime light (gets dark around 7 now) make all the factors coming together for the leaves to really turn on their glow!🍁

I'm expecting that the foliage display will be kickstarted right before your eyes in the coming week and weekend.

I'm excited for forum member calguy from NH to come to Connecticut tomorrow for a tour of a lifetime in the NW corner. We are checking out routes for around the 3rd week of October and bogey from NH will join us then. We're off to zip around in the vette! Can't wait! Such wonderful friends I've met on the forum!

Let the fun begin!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Autumnal Air Mass Arrives in New England Mid Week

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:13 pm

Yo, it was incredibly cold here last night in northern CT. I woke up to 45 degrees which is unusual for us here in late September. It's going to be colder tonight too so those colors up north will be popping like crazy! House was freezing and I guess it was not too smart to leave the windows open. I got up at 4:30 wondering where all the down blankets were and why all the windows were fogged up. Crazy! I think fall has definitely arrived! :D

I'm so excited for fall that I just had to go out and buy an iced pumpkin cake to celebrate! Unfortunately, it is not in my current fitness regimen but I intend to eat the whole thing myself nonetheless! :shock:

Don't think we are going back to summer temps and this is good for our foliage show! :mrgreen:

loafer89

Re: Autumnal Air Mass Arrives in New England Mid Week

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:13 pm

36F here in Enfield this morning, this should get the foliage going. Still all green here.