Pls review.

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bhavdeep

Pls review.

Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:26 pm

Hi can you pls review our plan.

Friday reach killington around 11 pm.

Saturday travel 100 north and adjoining routes suggested in this forum.. and reach New port

Saturday night stay in New port, VT

Sunday travel north and east to the canadian border in NH.. Then travel a bit south to Berlin NH. Stay there on sunday night.

Monday during day, travel routes in White Mountains and then return back to Harrisburg PA. Harrisburg PA is 550 miles from Franconia, NH.

Is this too hectic? Is it possible to cover these routes in the timeframes mensioned above.

I would appriciate your advice.
Bhavdeep

pwt54

Re: Pls review.

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:36 pm

First of all do you have rooms already reserved?
If not you may ahve some troubles finding one. Two, your last day might be a bit much for the little one.

pwt54

Re: Pls review.

Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:26 pm

You know what I would do? I'd go from Killington to the White Mountains the first day and cross over to the Montpelier or Stowe area for the night. Next day do route 100 south to route 11 in Londonderry and take route 11 west to the Manchester / Bennington area and find a room. Then Head for home. Judging fro IXL's photo route 100 should have good color right down to the border. For that tour I'd take route US 4 east to I-89 south to I-93 north in Concord,NH. Take I-93 north to the Lincoln exit and take route 112 east to route US 302. Take route 302 up through Crawford Notch and to I-93 north in Littleton,NH. Take I-93 north to the end at I-91 north in St.Johnsbury,Vt. Take 91 north to exit 21 and turn left for route US 2 west and Montpelier. Try to find a room there or go to I-89 north and get off exit 10 and turn right onto route 100 north for Stowe. Stowe has a ton more rooms than Montpelier. Next day route 100 south. You can make Harrisburg in good time from Bennington /Manchester,VT.