Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.
Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky
- Site Admin
- Posts: 527
- Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2000 12:01 am
- Location: Morgan, Vermont
Over the past couple of years, I have noticed a decline in posts here due to the continuing public acceptance of social media. Before making the switch, I urge you to consider what happens when you sign up to a social media site, like Facebook or Snap Chat or whatever.
1. You are giving away some degree of privacy
2. Whatever you post becomes the property of the social media site
3. When the social media's database gets hacked, as it inevitably will, your activity and identity becomes comprised
4. You can never completely delete your identity or what you have posted.
5. You are being USED by a big corporation to make money.
The costs of running this board are covered by advertising. You can post for free and provided you play by the rules, you can say and report what you like. You can even ask to have yourself and what you have posted completely deleted and you can get personal attention, not a computerized customer service robot.
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:12 pm
I never created a Facebook account for the very reasons you've mentioned. Plus I don't like the way Zuckerberg does business. I look forward to this forum every fall. So fun to chat with everyone and hear about their travels. Plus, the intel on what looks good at the moment can't be beat.