Peak Color Route 2 Corridor!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Peak Color Route 2 Corridor!

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 am

Hi Vermont Fall Foliage Fanatics! From the Onion Mountain Campground in Plainfield on route 2 up through Marshfield and Danville the colors are exploding! Marshfield is unbelievable! Mack Mountain Road is simply beautiful. Take Mack Mountain from route 2 to Peacham and take a right turn to Maple Tree Lane. There is a hidden sugarhouse on the right amongst the foliage for a nice shot and then take Academy Hill back to the firehouse and down to the town itself. You will be richly rewarded! The areas around Barnet are peak and near peak as well. Enjoy! :D :D :D

(My bf is now sending me real estate listings here because I love it so much! :lol: )

edmcguirk

Re: Peak Color Route 2 Corridor!

Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:03 am

ctyanky wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 am
Hi Vermont Fall Foliage Fanatics! From the Onion Mountain Campground in Plainfield on route 2 up through Marshfield and Danville the colors are exploding! Marshfield is unbelievable! Mack Mountain Road is simply beautiful. Take Mack Mountain from route 2 to Peacham and take a right turn to Maple Tree Lane. There is a hidden sugarhouse on the right amongst the foliage for a nice shot and then take Academy Hill back to the firehouse and down to the town itself. You will be richly rewarded! The areas around Barnet are peak and near peak as well. Enjoy! :D :D :D

(My bf is now sending me real estate listings here because I love it so much! :lol: )
I don't know about these real estate listings, somehow vtyanky just doesn't have the same ring to it :lol:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Good point Ed! :) Actually, he is the one who wants to buy the house in Barnet (27 acres and a move in condition) and I want to live in Peacham! Maybe I would have to change my screen name here on SOV to "CTinVT". Would that work? :wink:

Somehow, I feel like Peacham is home. Maybe I was here in another life? :| This is the one place that I immediately felt like part of the community after meeting so many wonderful people!!! It's like a mini Camelot here!!!

One of the locals at the Peacham Church supper last night after some long conversations, said this to me, "Is that you? Are you the girl on Weekends with Yankee?" Seriously? :? I just replied, "I wish!" and thanked him. I actually could see myself doing something like that in Connecticut but there are a few folks who are way more talented than I. But man, I would love to travel around New England experiencing every single hot spot and activity and enticing folks to do the same!

Anyways, thanks for the laugh! Always, CTYanky :D

MinnieB

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:30 pm

I will add that RT 2 is also good between Rt 115 in NH and Bethel, ME. Bethel was mostly green. Unreal, because Gilead, the town before it on Rt. 2 was exploding with color. My guess is you could probably take Rt. 2 from VT all the way to ME and have great color.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:42 am

Minnie: if you are on route 2 stop at Marshfield Pond. It is all lit up and gorgeous!!!!

MinnieB

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:44 pm

I got some good pics at Marshfield Pond last year so I didn't stop. Plus today was just a boring sky day, not one for interesting photos. I don't know yet what I'll do before the rain comes tomorrow. I'm kind of worn out after the last two days.

One shot I like to get is one of the tree-lined Darling Hill Rd. near that inn up in East Burke. I almost went today, but decided I didn't have time. I was never there at the right time before. Usually the trees weren't turned enough or the sun wasn't in the right spot. It needs to be in the south. Those trees seem to turn last up there. When most everything else is turned those are still pretty green.