Foliage Tour 2019

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Foliage Tour 2019

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:28 am

Yesterday, Oct 1, was Foliage Tour Day with Ctyankee and friends. It was a bad day for foliage viewing for long range views. So we stuck to the back roads. There was color all over, but it was hard to tell just how good it was. We started In Peacham. It was nice and peaceful, but that will change this weekend. We took some back roads over to Rt US 2 in West Danville and then rode the West Shore Rd to the Cabot Plains Road. The clouds were too low for long views, but we did take photos of the little covered bridge.
Then we worked our way over to the Tebbetts Road in South Woodbury to take photos of that road going under the barn. A lot of good color along the roads and the hillsides close to the roads. Then we went to the store at Maple Corners for a sandwich. Then to Kents Corners to get a photo of the old Robinson Saw Mill. Then down to North Calais to shoot the Town Hall/Church. Then we went to Morse's Maple Sugarhouse for a maple creamee. We were lucky. There were only 4 tour busses there, so it didn't take too long to get a creamee.
Next we went to Marshfield to pick up Rt 232 through the Groton State Forest. Then we went to Seyon Pond for a photo shoot. Lots of photos taken, but you could see the clouds dropping down while you were shooting.
We decides to call it a day and head for home. We all agreed that the colors up closed looked good, but would be better this coming weekend. We did not get any rain until I headed home.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Foliage Tour 2019

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi Phil! Great report. It was so nice to be with you, Al (bogey) and Bob. We had such an amazing time together traveling the back roads. I miss you already and hope you have a wonderful time in Florida. I will see you next year in Vermont!

Al and Bob: You two are the sweetest gentleman ever! (Even if you are from New Hampshire! :lol: :mrgreen: ) You both have some fine camera equipment and Bob, excellent photos! I know we will meet up again next year. Thanks for the bridge arch link, I will try to find more in Connecticut.

I must say, Noyes Pond and the Groton State Forest (232) had the best color of the day. :D A great day indeed with perfect company!

A VTer, 2 NH dudes and a CTYanky! :wink:

Colorado Mom

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:43 pm

So glad u all had an awesome time. Thanks for all the great info!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:31 am

Phil is amazing! Imagine traveling anywhere in Vermont, including class 4 roads, without a Jimapco??? That would be first and foremost, our very own SOV King of Vermont Backroads. I feel so honored to have met Phil in my life's journey. A true gentleman indeed. :)