Worried about time

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pendletone55

Worried about time

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:58 pm

My wife and I are flying to Boston for 2 days, driving from there to Portland, ME for 1 day, then to N. Conway for 1 and to Stowe for 2 days, then south to Stockbridge, MA for 1 day and then back to Boston. All this to take place from Oct 2 to Oct 9. We already have lodging secured at all our stops. After reading some of the posts and your responses, I am now a little worried about making it from Stowe to Stockbridge all in 1 day with all the traffic and tourists. Not to mention time to stop at a few places along the way to visit and take photos. What do you think?

pwt54

Re: Worried about time

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:04 pm

You can make it From Stowe to Stockbridge,Mass. in 4 to 5 hours normally. That will allow you about 3 hours for stops and slow downs. Should be enough. I'd use route 100 south to route US 4 west to route US 7 south to Bennington and into Massachusetts. If you leave at a good hour you should make Bennington before lunch. It's about 1 1/2 hours to Stockbridge from there. If you want a scenic drive do route 100 south all the way to route 11/30 west in Londonderry and take route 11/30 west to route US 7 south near Manchester,Vt. That would put you in Bennington in the early afternoon.

pendletone55

Re: Worried about time

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:25 am

Thanks. That's a very big help!