Advice to first-time VT visitor - 1 week itinerary?
I've officially caught the Vermont / leaf-peeping bug and am planning a trip for my husband and myself this fall. This is the tentative itinerary I have drafted:
Fly in/out of BTV with .5 days in Burlington, ~2 days in Montreal, and ~3.5 days in VT (based out of Woodstock and/or Warren).
10/5 Sat: Burlington
10/6 Sun: Montreal
10/7 Mon: Montreal
10/8 Tue: Woodstock Inn
10/9 Wed: Woodstock Inn
10/10 Thu: Woodstock Inn OR Pitcher Inn (Warren)
10/11 Fri: Woodstock Inn OR Pitcher Inn (Warren)
(1) You're probably thinking: why the diversion to Montreal? I myself would be happy to spend the whole week in VT, but the two nights in Montreal represent a possible compromise for my husband, who may prefer a bit more variety. In previous travels, we've enjoyed splitting a week-long trip with the first half in a more urban setting and the second half in a more rural / relaxing setting. I saw that BTV to Montreal is 2 hours away, and so included it to be opportunistic.
(2) I'm pretty attached to staying at the Woodstock Inn, but not as much to staying at Pitcher Inn. That said, I thought it might be good for the last two nights because 1) people seem to speak highly of staying in Warren as a base, especially given those specific days, and 2) It's 1 hour closer to BTV airport, which we will fly out of on Sat morning.
Questions for you:
- Does anything jump out at you as a possible misstep / mistake?
- We do like to travel Sat to Sat due to our work schedules. While I know nobody can make precise predictions, how does this week seem vs. the week before (9/28-10/5) or after (10/12-10/19)?
- Any of your candid feedback or other elements I should consider would be most appreciated and valued.
Thank you so much!!!