Vermont travel Oct 29 Nov 2 - Color ??

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

rogfam7

Vermont travel Oct 29 Nov 2 - Color ??

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi, we are wanting to take a quick trip and thought we would do Vermont or Maine, we would be traveling from October 29 Nov 2, 2018
Will there be any color left on the trees ? If so where do we want to go ? What fall events can we catch ? We plan to rent a car and so we can go wherever. All and any suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

edmcguirk

Re: Vermont travel Oct 29 Nov 2 - Color ??

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:24 am

That is certainly too late for color almost anywhere in Vermont, even in a normal year. And this year we have had a lot of rain, and even worse wind that took down a lot of leaves. There might be some color at that time on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, although if the windy pattern of this week persists, even that might be questionable. The time frame you mentioned would be prime time for Great Smoky Mountains National Park on the Tennessee / North Carolina border. It is an excellent place for fall foliage, although usually pretty crowded.

vandewme13

Re: Vermont travel Oct 29 Nov 2 - Color ??

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 pm

I’m in the Shelburne, VT area and traveled up from Jamaica. You will be too late for Manchester- it’s all bare trees- and the Lake Champlain area is peaking now. I think you might want to go CT or Rhode Island. We did Asheville last year- lots of great waterfalls in DuPont. I’d just make sure recent hurricanes didn’t blow all the leaves off. Irene made sure the leaves were gone last year.