Burlington Oct 4-8

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

salesmom

Burlington Oct 4-8

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:07 am

Hello to all and thanks for all the great information. We will be leaving on the 4rth from Pittsburgh and I was hoping we are still on track to see some great foilage. I know you have been discussing what has peaked...but I am not familiar with Vermont and do not know if they are near Burlington. What can we expect?

I received my book yesterday "Country Roads of Vermont" this was a good purchase (a tip on this forum...thanks!)

bm

Re: Burlington Oct 4-8

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:38 am

It's still mostly green here in Burlington (like many, I live in Addison Cty and commute to Burlington). The leaves turn later here because of the climatic effects of Lake Champlain. All you'll need to do though is drive "inland" and up in elevation. There should be some great color surrounding "metro" Burlington at that time.
A nice drive to take would be Route 116 south to 17 east over the Appalacian Gap into Waitsfield. Take 100 North to Waterbury. About a mile north of Waterbury on 100 is the Ben & Jerry's factory, and 10 or so miles further is Stowe. Take Route 2 or I-89 back to Burlington.
As I always suggest, get yourself a good road atlas showing the back roads and just go out and explore.
Have a great trip.