My Photos from this year

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

abby

My Photos from this year

Postby abby » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Sigh. My time in VT was too short this year. Didn't spend as much time as usual due to a trip to upstate NY I'm taking next week. The foliage was peak when I was in the NEK and the colors were very good this year. The weather on the other hand was a bit of a disappointment.....only had one day of sunshine during my stay. Disappointed not to be able to shoot the Milky Way due to cloud cover, and found the flat light on most days to be an annoyance......but NOT COMPLAINING.....it was still beautiful and I found a few new scenes to photograph which I am happy about. Will return to these scenes in better light next year. I had a ball and am grateful to have been in my happy place during the most beautiful time of the year. Life is good!
A link to my photos. View as a slideshow for better viewing. Thanks!
https://carolsmith.zenfolio.com/p160284755
Carol

markm

Re: My Photos from this year

Postby markm » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Carol,
All excellent pictures but "God's spotlight" is definitely a winner to me!
Just when you think you've been to enough Vermont locations for pictures, someone shares another area to explore more :roll:
Thanks for sharing and creating an incentive to return again and again....

Mark

ctyanky
Board Admin

Postby ctyanky » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Carol: these are excellent photos. I recognize a lot of the places, especially Woodbury! You had a lot of blue skies, nothing to complain about! Thanks for posting these, makes me miss Vermont even more. CT

abby

Postby abby » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Thank you Mark and CT!
Carol

edmcguirk

Postby edmcguirk » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 am

An excellent collection of images Carol. Why haven't you included any shots from all of the gloriously sunny days we had this past week :lol:
My favorites are "Windswept Sugar House" and "Morning Sky May Pond". You did very well considering the weather we had to work with in 2018.

Was "Morning Sky May Pond" taken on Saturday 10/6? If so, it looks the other side of the same cloud formation that I got in my Job's Pond shot that I posted earlier. That was an amazing sunrise, and it looks like you got the better side of the cloud formations by facing east, while at jobs you face west.

bid

Postby bid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:27 am

Excellent photos Carol! I can’t wait to get home and check mine.

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 am

edmcguirk wrote:An excellent collection of images Carol. Why haven't you included any shots from all of the gloriously sunny days we had this past week :lol:
My favorites are "Windswept Sugar House" and "Morning Sky May Pond". You did very well considering the weather we had to work with in 2018.

Was "Morning Sky May Pond" taken on Saturday 10/6? If so, it looks the other side of the same cloud formation that I got in my Job's Pond shot that I posted earlier. That was an amazing sunrise, and it looks like you got the better side of the cloud formations by facing east, while at jobs you face west.

Thank you Ed. You are correct......good eye on you.......that was the same cloud formation that you saw from Jobs Pond. Unfortunately we never saw the sunrise from our location. Soon after I shot that the wind kicked up, the reflections were gone, and the clouds took over the sky before the sun had a chance to make it above the hillside. That was it. So be it for the life of the landscape photographer, eh? The one cool thing about that morning was after the sunrise was a bust we went up top to shoot around my friends farm. That is where we saw the amazing light and Godfingers to the West spotlighting some of the mountains. That was my favorite moment of the trip and I knew those would be some of my favorite shots. Mother Nature took away the sunrise, but replaced it with that magical gift. I'm appreciative and humbled! I felt my parents presence looking down at that moment. Corny, but true. These are the moments I cherish.
Carol

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 am

bid wrote:Excellent photos Carol! I can’t wait to get home and check mine.

Thank you bid. I'm looking forward to seeing them! Safe travels.
Carol

mmvt

Postby mmvt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Awesome stuff Carol!! So glad you were able to see so much PEAK foliage! it was great spending the day with you and your photography friends! I am still going through my images :-) Thanks for sharing!!

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:12 pm

mmvt wrote:Awesome stuff Carol!! So glad you were able to see so much PEAK foliage! it was great spending the day with you and your photography friends! I am still going through my images :-) Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks MM. Really looking forward to your images. Yes, it was a fantastic day that we shared together. So great to see you again.
Carol

Return to “Foliage Forum”