Hey Vermont foliage...time to up your game!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Karma2x

Hey Vermont foliage...time to up your game!!

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 am

Hi VT foliage pals and fellow light chasers, after a couple of years when I could not attend the fall foliage spectacle in VT I am returning this week for several days. However, I decided to wander in through the Adirondacks first. Although the foliage here looked fantastic the rain gods decided to skunk me with dull overcast and drizzle until today - this afternoon though, the sun finally poked through the clouds and really turned on the Klieg lighting to showcase the foliage colors. Let me say, I made up for three days of uninspired pics this afternoon alone.

All I can say is "Hey Vermont foliage...the ante has been upped...you have some serious competition...you better be dressed up in your best fall colors and be well lit for your photoshoot!! :lol: "
NY-30StowardsTupperLake.jpg
Adirondack fall colors with butterflies!

edmcguirk

Re: Hey Vermont foliage...time to up your game!!

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 am

Karma2x wrote:All I can say is "Hey Vermont foliage...the ante has been upped...you have some serious competition...you better be dressed up in your best fall colors and be well lit for your photoshoot!! :lol: "
NY-30StowardsTupperLake.jpg
Vermont foliage has no need to up it's game and has nothing to worry about....
Attachments
20181006-_90A3021-HDR.jpg

From_the_NEK

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Yeah, Vermont will be just fine :D
the Adirondacks have A LOT of trees. However there isn't a lot of anything else. Something that makes Vermont special is the mix of agricultural lands (open land), mountains, and forest. This makes for a lot of interesting views.

ImageBrookside Barn-4946 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

CongaJon

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm

You have great taste in photos! From last year:

ImageP9246689B by Jon, on Flickr[/img]

ImageP9246682B by Jon, on Flickr[/img]

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Karma and all: this thread is great! I love the humor and photos to accompany! I hope more folks chime in with some photos and a wee bit of sarcasm to boot. Stuff like this makes our forum so much fun with all the great members sharing their love for Vermont. Adirondacks ok by me. :mrgreen:

Karma2x

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 pm

abby, ctyanky Thank you for the kind words...and I also agree with those who stood up for VT foliage so vigorously!

CongaJon: You have great taste in photos! From last year:
Thank you...it was a pleasure following in your hallowed tripod's foot steps. I recognize those trees in your pic...and of course that butterfly dude...I recognized him immediately in your pic....
IMG_4262mod.jpg
He is always ready for his mugshot!!
Also, fess up...I know it was one of you absolute madlads from this forum, squatting barefoot and in shorts in Lake Willoughby, taking selfies in 58 degree steady driving rain...with a smartphone propped up on a rock!!. I wasnt about to take my butt out of my nice warm car, because you KNOW that the next swell from Lake Willoughby went into his shorts :twisted:
IMG_4408mod.jpg
Selfies in Lake Willoughby with boat
Not getting out of my car...even for this shot!
Attachments
IMG_4398mod.jpg
Takes a little work, but a car can function as a tripod!

CongaJon

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Snookman2

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:07 am

That's funny!

Karma2x

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:03 am

Woooot!!! Hey, SOV pals...you've made it!!! Quoted in that rag, The Burlington Free Press! But of course the website tried to pop up so many ads I could'nt actually read the article until the 3rd attempt or so. And I might have to send a email wag of the finger to the author, Jail Bird (was it??) for misspelling our esteemed and hardest working board admin as "a poster who identifies as ctyankee".

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Karma! I actually laughed when I saw your comment about "ctyankee". This is the third year I have been quoted from the forum into the online Burlington Free Press on the foliage and they always spell it that way. Nonetheless, thank you for the kind words! :D It just didn't surprise me, they mean well. Last year, Tim, our board owner ADMIN, got quite a bit written about him in their foliage article. I'm sure they have quite a few followers on SOV. :P

Your brought a lot of humor to the forum this year. Hope you had fun up here! Did you ever figure out who that lad was in the water with the selfie? :mrgreen: CT