8th and 9th - best bets

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bid
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:42 pm

8th and 9th - best bets

Postby bid » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Here in Manchester, colors are good but not yet peak. What are my best bets for next 2 days? Stick to killington - warren area as planned or drive to NEK? Or somewhere else?What are my best options?Just let me know what you would if you were me. Thanks!


mmvt
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:13 am

Re: 8th and 9th - best bets

Postby mmvt » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:37 pm

bid wrote:Here in Manchester, colors are good but not yet peak. What are my best bets for next 2 days? Stick to killington - warren area as planned or drive to NEK? Or somewhere else?What are my best options?Just let me know what you would if you were me. Thanks!


Killington was foggy/rainy today but the color here is gorgeous! We took a ride up 100 to Warren/Waitsfield - fantastic color all along route 100, especially north of Rochester and in the hills behind Warren. Check out Blueberry Lake in Warren - the color is PEAK! I took some cool drone footage there today. From Blueberry Lake, travel the back roads to Waitsfield. You might also want to check out Route 17 gap road - we didn't have time for it today but the color looked really awesome.

Good luck!!

bid
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Re: 8th and 9th - best bets

Postby bid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:07 am

Thanks

loafer89
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:24 am
Location: Enfield, Connecticut

Re: 8th and 9th - best bets

Postby loafer89 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I'm heading up to Vermont tomorrow and I am wondering where to go exactly. The original plan was to go to Killington and then head south on Route 100 to Mount Snow. Based on what I can see on the Stratton webcam, the foliage above 2,500' looks past peak. I may just go to Mount Snow and decide from there where to go based on weather and foliage conditions. Hoping for sunshine tomorrow. The heavy rain on Thursday looks to be the death of foliage in Vermont, except for valley areas.

triz
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 am

Re: 8th and 9th - best bets

Postby triz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:49 pm

loafer89 wrote:The heavy rain on Thursday looks to be the death of foliage in Vermont, except for valley areas.


Do you think it will be that bad?
That sound very drastic and scary for people that are planning to go there the next weekend....

loafer89
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:24 am
Location: Enfield, Connecticut

Re: 8th and 9th - best bets

Postby loafer89 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:15 pm

triz wrote:
loafer89 wrote:The heavy rain on Thursday looks to be the death of foliage in Vermont, except for valley areas.


Do you think it will be that bad?
That sound very drastic and scary for people that are planning to go there the next weekend....


The NWS has 1.00 - 1.50" of rain forecast for the Mount Snow area and a cold front is going to combine with T.S Michael to produce heavy rain. Right now the heaviest rainfall looks to be over Southern Vermont, Massachusetts , Connecticut and Rhode Island. The temperature has also been very erratic across New England. Here in Enfield it was 84F on Sunday, 62F yesterday and 81F today. This is slowing down the foliage change, Here in Enfield it's 90% green.

I'm going up 1-91 to Route 2 to Route 112 and Route 100 North to Mount Snow. I'll report back as soon as I get home tomorrow.



Return to “Foliage Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests