Dorset Farmers Market, Top of the Line Local Farmers/Vendors

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Dorset Farmers Market, Top of the Line Local Farmers/Vendors

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Just an off topic (sort of)! After the Newfane Heritage Festival I drove through Manchester on route 30 to Dorset to my favorite farmers market before they closed. Packed! The displays of locally sourced vegetables were a feast for the eyes! All kinds of local crafters, maple syrup, honey, clothing, meats and incredible amounts of garden varieties that were HUGE! I got some excellent maple syrup from the farmer who I bought from last year. There was also yummy locally sourced food prepared as well. The quality of the products I saw was impeccable and they arrange their produce so beautifully you just can't resist! I got some baguettes and veggies to nosh on for the upcoming road trips. They are moving next door to their winter digs beginning the following Sunday.

Here are some lovely roads to take in Dorset:

In town, take the Dorset Hollow Road off route 30 into Upper Hollow Road. It loops you all around to Lower Hollow Road with beautiful barns, rolling hills, mountain views, etc. When you come back, take Kirby Hollow Road back to 30. The Dorset Quarry is also a must stop! I was told Nichols Hill Road was also a nice drive with views, but the fog was low so I skipped it.

The general store there was great! I never stopped in before and enjoyed all the real Vermont type clothing and products.

Unfortunately, as I was leaving the store, I saw about 10 emergency vehicles on the road just parallel to the tents. One or two cars had skid into the tents as someone told me and I hope no one was hurt. I'm trying to find out online. Just awful.... It was slightly rainy and the grass was very slippery on the side where folks park. :(
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Dorset Farmers Market, Top of the Line Local Farmers/Vendors

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 pm

I just saw this on the web! Thank goodness no one was hurt at the Dorset Farmers Market!!!! :shock: I was in the HN Williams Store when this happened and was near the scene just minutes before the crash. Ugh. :(

SUMMARY OF CRASH:
On 10/07/18 at approximately 1400 hours Troopers responded to a reported car versus pedestrian crash on VT RT 30 in Dorset. Upon arrival it was discovered no pedestrians were injured during the crash. Investigation revealed that ….. (redacted) was operating the vehicle at the time of the crash. It appears operator error was a factor in the crash, causing the vehicle to crash through a wooden fence, narrowly missing pedestrians of the Farmers Market at the HN Williams Store. No injuries were reported and the vehicle sustained minor damage. Dorset and East Dorset Fire assisted at the scene as well.