Danville area 10/6/18

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

markm

Danville area 10/6/18

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Hello everyone,
Yesterday I traveled up to the Danville area. Thanks to the members here who gave their foliage findings to make the trip worthwhile. The messages left on this board are very helpful. Once again, Thanks to everyone who posts their experiences.
I was hoping for better color compared to last year. Last year I traveled around the Cabot area that displayed muted color. Danville was on my list last year, so I'm glad I made it back this time. With my street/road name list and loaded camera I was set to find some great views. I arrived before 9am and found plenty of color. I was expecting better skies. More cloudy than forecasted. I ended up catching some sunshine. Overall the trees looked good enough to my eyes. The lack of wind helped keep leaves attached longer too. By the end of my drive I noticed some leaves dropping though.
The roads/streets I ventured on were: Webster Hill Rd, McDowell Rd, Stannard Mountain Road, McReynolds Rd, Tampico Road, Stanton Rd, Trestle Road, Pumpkin Hill Rd, Swett Rd, and Crow Hill Rd.
I created a slideshow of the images I liked from my trip if you would like to see them. It will give you an idea of how the area looked.
Just click on the link below to access it directly on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GZg3yHX1mE

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Danville area 10/6/18

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Mark! Nice job as always. I think I am getting familiar with your style now, remembering when we toured the NW corner of CT and your slide show from that tour! Glad you had a good day too. I was touring the SE corner of VT today when I was there for the Newfane Craft Fair and thought of you when we met up for the Friesian horse show in Townshend!

Let me know if you have time for another tour of the NW or NE corner of CT this month as I am sure it will follow the lag in foliage color. I found a bunch of new roads in the hill towns that you might like in Goshen.

Thanks again for sharing your slideshow! CT

markm

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Hey CT,
Thanks for the reply and compliments. I will let you know soon.
Enjoy the remainder of your Vermont vacation!

Mark

markm

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:42 am

Hey Carol,
Thank you for your very nice comments, they are very appreciated.

Mark