Where I found peak - Oct. 5 & 6

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

MinnieB

Where I found peak - Oct. 5 & 6

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Was busy the last two days, but these routes I took, I found peak conditions:

Rt 114
Burke, VT
New Haven, VT
Island Pond, VT

VT 105 to NH Rt 3 north to 26 east
Colebrook
Dixville Notch
Errol

NH 16 north to ME 16 East to ME 4 South
Lincoln, ME
Rangeley

In the Rangeley area Saddleback Mountain, Quill Hill and areas around the lakes and ponds
Rt 17 heading south was very good. Height of the Land was the one exception, it still isn't quite there yet. Maybe 60 - 70%
Once south of Roxbury a bit hit and miss. Some mountains were peak, some still had quite a bit of green.

Went across Rt. 2 from Bethel into NH, mostly very good. Most of the mountains I saw in the Whites were peak or close to it. Then some, like Cannon Mt. Still had some green and have maybe another 30% to go. 93 was nuts. Traffic backed up for miles in both directions. I've never seen it that bad.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Where I found peak - Oct. 5 & 6

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:47 am

Minnie, you've been busy! Glad you found excellent color still around 114 and all those NH areas. Traffic is a bit bad in Manchester but not as bad as I expected for a holiday weekend! CT