Autumn on the Green, Danville

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Autumn on the Green, Danville

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:46 pm

We plan on doing Autumn on the Green tomorrow in Danville. Hope to see you there CT. We plan to be there about noon. It’s been a rough start to our vacation as I got hit with stomach flue the night we left. Feeling much better, had a great drive today over to Stowe and back. Colors vary as you travel elevation, rt 232 and a stop at Kettle pond this evening was lovely. Hope all are enjoying their vacations!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Autumn on the Green, Danville

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:53 am

Janice, sorry you had a stomach bug! I didn't see you on the forum and was wondering if you were still coming to VT. I made plans for today at the Newfane Heritage Festival and the Dorset Farmers Market and they are both within 1/2 hour or so from my inn on 7A. So sorry, but I am free in the afternoon of Columbus Day if you are any lower in the state for a meetup. I'm not leaving for a couple of days still. Enjoy your Autumn on the Green, it is the nicest one ever with local crafts that you are really going to enjoy! Have a great time with your daughter as well, let me hear from you after your craft fair and Noyes and Owls Head which should be prime right about now! CT

Utah Baker

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:16 am

CT, no worries, I’m sorry, this trip has seen a few last minute adjustments. Beginning with my “bug”, I left my phone home, another Daughter is shipping it, my daughter here in Lisbon took a new job last week which has limited time she can spend with us to just this weekend. So all I can say is “there’s always next year! “. I think we are going to do the Kanc tomorrow, then my hubby and I will have the rest of the week to explore. Take care and safe and beautiful travels! :D

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi Janice, we'll definitely meet up again, I'm sure. How was the craft fair and all your travels today? The Newfane Heritage Festival was great and the town green was lit up with some maple firecrackers around the churches and town hall which made for some nice photo ops with the white tents and colorful crafts! I got some sheepskin earmuffs for winter and met some very nice local crafters. The area is going to pop in a few days, most likely this coming weekend. Sun came out for most of my trip until I came down the hill on 30 into the Manchester area to a lot of drizzle and low clouds. Looking forward to your trip details! CT

Utah Baker

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi CT, a fun and fabulous day from before sun up to after sun down. Started off with an early morning drive with my daughter in and around Sugar Hill. Then back home to pick up the rest of the fam and headed out to Noyes Pond, did Owls Head then over to Peachum. We had such a good time we didn’t make it to Danville till they were just closing up.:(. So we headed up to Darling Hill Road then dinner at Miss Lyndonville Diner. Skies were grey, no rain, but the colors, smiles and laughter were brilliant! Another beautiful autumn day in Vermont!..........well and some NH!:)

Utah Baker

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi Carol! I can’t wait to see your photos! They are always stunning and an inspiration to me. We are so enjoying our stay, can’t wait till I can slow down and soak it all in............but then again that means it’s over.:(. So fleeting, enjoy it all!