Northeast VT is ready for you

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Northeast VT is ready for you

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:21 am

This was not a good day for foliage viewing. Low clouds and high fog made difficult to judge the foliage at a distance. Up close, the foliage was popping. Foliage started impressing us from route US 2 in Plainfield and all over the NEK except for the St. Johnsbury/ Lyndonville area. This area usually lags behind.
( I just got a call from my brother. He can't go out tomorrow, so we go today. So I have to cut this short.)

Foliage is peak to near peak all over northeast VT. Should be great this weekend.
While driving route US 2 from Plainfield to Danville, I kept an eye on the hillsides south toward Groton and Peacham. It was hard to judge the quality of the color, but the color was widespread, so my best guess would be the foliage will be good in that area this weekend.
Bear in ming that I'm doing this with only 2 cups of coffee in my system. :roll: