Stowe 10/2 - in heavy downpours all day!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Stowe 10/2 - in heavy downpours all day!

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Wow! Never thought we would get this much rain and it hasn't stopped. The roads were starting to flood over so I came back to my cozy inn! Rain Rain Go Away!

Foliage going "up" to Stowe was not as far ahead as the Mad River Valley and Middlesex. Granted, it was hard to see clearly through so much fog, mist and rain but I still thought it was not even mid stage. Perhaps higher up on 108 and around Jeffersonville it was more advanced. I would think the end of this week into Columbus Day Weekend will be much stronger color. My innkeeper thinks just after the holiday weekend for the Mad River Valley. I like talking to the locals to see what their opinions are on the season. Anyways, the Stowe area should pop with the same vibrant colors I have seen here by the weekend. That's my own personal take on it!

Thoughts on staying positive about today's rain with possibly more to come in a day or two:

1. The leaves got a great bath today, all clean and ready for the foliage geeks.

2. My car looks as clean as when I started up here.

3. The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow, what's that song?

4. No traffic in Stowe, I went thru the light at that notorious intersection in a split second and all the construction appears to be completed widening the shoulders and/or culverts.

5. I got all my gift shopping done in 1/2 hour!

Don't forget your rain gear!!!!!!!!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

edmcguirk

Re: Stowe 10/2 - in heavy downpours all day!

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:40 pm

ctyanky wrote: 4. No traffic in Stowe, I went thru the light at that notorious intersection in a split second and all the construction appears to be completed widening the shoulders and/or culverts.
Don't forget your rain gear!!!!!!!!
Well ctyanky, if the Weather Gods were against you, at least you have the Stowe Traffic gods on your side. :lol:

Tomorrow is only supposed to be overcast, with no rain hopefully.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi Ed: Still working on the weather Gods! This rain is dreadful! :shock: However, I'm sitting by the fireside with the inn guests and we are having a wonderful time sharing information and past experiences. This is so special! One of the reasons I love staying at different inns, warm and cozy!!!! :D

Have a safe trip tomorrow and I look forward to all your findings and excitement when you get to Vermont in the NEK! We might be ships passing in the day! :wink:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:10 pm

This rain should totally help with the drought! Plus the waterfalls are gushing everywhere and streams are high. Can't control the weather so have to remain positive...

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Ed: are you all set with the directions to Lewis Pond? I think I posted Phil's directions somewhere on the forum. Plus Charles has some incredible shots on his website when he spent the night at Lewis Pond.