Best place to be during fall with wife and small baby.

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

sreekumarkn

Best place to be during fall with wife and small baby.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:38 pm

Friends,

I'm planning to take some time off from the busy New York City and enjoy fall and foliage in VT. Any suggestion about a location where I can be with my wife and 8 month old baby? I may not be able to hike. But some place where I could do picnic, scenic drive, take some good pictures or any possible safe fun activity would refill me for the rest of the year.
Please let me know if you guys have any suggestion from your VT experience.

Thanks
VR

ixl

Re: Best place to be during fall with wife and small baby.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:25 pm

Hey VR..

Can you give us some idea of the whens and wheres of your visit? There are a lot of possibilities.

The sky's the limit, really. Babies travel well, we took our youngest everywhere. He's now a toddler and they are actually MORE difficult. ;)

If you don't have a baby carrier already, I recommend a Snugli, which you can find at www.snugli.com. They work very well and with one you can take the baby anywhere you feel like going. --c
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

sreekumarkn

Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:02 pm

Ixl,

Thanks a lot for your reply. And those pictures were AMAZING...

I was thinking of visiting some place in Southern Vermont during 2nd week of October. Any suggestion about specific locations?

Regards
VR

ixl

Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:16 pm

Thanks, glad you liked them. ;)

Second week of October should be nice in most areas of southern VT, might be past peak at the highest elevations.

Coming up from NYC go to Albany and take route 7 east, which turns into route 9 at the VT border. A few miles later you will be in Bennington, which has lots to see and do. There's a cool orchard south on VT route 7 south of town I can point you to for nice views. The Bennington Monument is also nice if the trees on the street in front of it have changed.

Manchester is a major tourist area about 20 miles up route 7 or 7A from Bennington. You can take the Skyline Drive to the top of Mt. Equinox, or shop in town. Arlington is between Ben and Manchester and is a nice town as well. All really depends on what you want to do! --c
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!