Traveling to Burlington the second week in October to shoot photos/drone video anyone want to shoot leaves?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ChrisSmit6

Traveling to Burlington the second week in October to shoot photos/drone video anyone want to shoot leaves?

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi I'm traveling to Burlington from NY Monday, October 8th until Saturday the 13th. Anyone know of any great locations near Burlington? I was hoping to find some others that would be interested in checking out some fall foliage to photograph. It's my first time in Vermont, so I'd love to meet some people.

I'd love to go to Groton State Forrest, but as of right now, I'll be on foot, so I'll be looking to use uber or a cab to get to some locations. (Or, ideally if you have a car, I could just pay for your expenses/lunch/gas if anyone is interested.) Even if you don't, I'm sure we can get to some great spots!

Thanks!
Chris
718-913-4824

Andy

Re: Traveling to Burlington the second week in October to shoot photos/drone video anyone want to shoot leaves?

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Chris: I won't be traveling to Vermont this year, or you could "hitch a ride" with me. BM may want to weigh in on this, but I wouldn't think Uber is going to be a great alternative for you. Most of Vermont is very rural and the distances are great (my friend, Rich and I coined the term "Vermont miles" on our first trip. Everyplace seemed to be about 2-3 times as far and take 2-3 times as long to get to) :-) .

Maybe renting a car - at least for a part of the time - would be a better option?
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .