Any Early Predictions?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bobbav

Any Early Predictions?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Folks,

Weather here in Litchfield County, CT has been MISERABLE! Rain and humid for weeks. I'll be heading to Arlington 10/12 - 10/14, and was wondering how the weather has been in that area and weather the foliage will be any better than last year.

Hope all is well, and Autumn starts exactly one month and one day from today!
Bob

Live life as if each day is your last!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Any Early Predictions?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Hey Bob! Nice to see you back here! I feel your pain. But aren't these last two days just peachy??? :mrgreen: I'm up in the NW hills quite often. You should be seeing some early signs of color up there! Especially in the hill towns...…..

There are a few websites with early predictions but I prefer to stay on the safe side and think that mid-September is the normal turning point to guess on the upcoming season. (But look what happened last year!) :shock: I know we are all hopeful for a better season than 2017 but early predictions are cautious.

I know it has been hot and humid up in Vermont as well but yes, this summer was beyond ridiculous here in northern CT and I'm sure elsewhere in New England.

Only a few weeks to go and we'll all be on our way! CT

bobbav

Re: Any Early Predictions?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:47 am

Hey CT! Nice to 'see' you. Thanks. As we all know, a bad weather weekend in Vermont always beats a great day at work....anytime!

Hoping for the best (aka most colorful)!

Bob
Bob

Live life as if each day is your last!