OFF TOPIC From Winter to Spring to Summer to Fall all in a week!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

OFF TOPIC From Winter to Spring to Summer to Fall all in a week!

Sat May 05, 2018 5:22 am

Wow, what a temperature swing here in the Northeast. What seemed to be the longest, wretched winter ever (however, great skiing in Vermont), then a beautiful "start" to spring followed by 3 recent days of oppressive 90s in Connecticut and parts of Mass, and last night a cold front came through and this morning is glorious Fall! I got so excited but then reality hit. I have to wait 4 1/2 more months for that! :mrgreen:

Never know with the weather lately, it's been crazy! But we are almost fully leafed out here in northern CT and it is quite beautiful. I hope the summer is decent for everyone's vacations and activities!

Time to put on the sweatshirt! Crazy! :lol:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: OFF TOPIC From Winter to Spring to Summer to Fall all in a week!

Sun May 13, 2018 6:06 am

brrrrrrrrrrr back to the warm clothes! It still is feeling like early fall today! Happy Mother's Day to all! My house was 60 degrees this morning and I refuse to put the heat on anymore. :| We've had quite a cool and rainy weekend and unfortunately, Mother's Day today is not looking all that promising with rain coming from Tuesday through next weekend!

The good news! :D The trees are so lush and green and healthy and we are totally leafed out here in CT. I've never seen such an amazing spring display of flowering trees and shrubs before, it is truly beautiful! The canopies of the trees are so full and dense, it seemed to appear overnight towards the end of this past week. Lots of rain! It's like a magical forest everywhere I turn. It's pretty breathtaking what Mother Nature gives us each and every season, especially spring and fall when the magic appears in our forests and woodlands.

Let's hope these healthy trees keep on giving right into autumn 2018! :D