Tis the Season..............

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tis the Season..............

Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:48 am

fa la la la la, la la la la!

A note to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and a healthy and safe 2018 for you and your family. We are expecting a white Christmas here in the northeast and the first one since 2012 for northern CT. Picture perfect! :D

Once 2018 rolls around, thoughts will be turning to Vermont Sugaring Season and then on to fall foliage planning!

Right now, we are in an ice storm and everything is coated in layers of ice. Treacherous out there! Mother Nature has been active here with another snow storm forecast for New Year's weekend. I'm not a true fan of winter, but it is still a beautiful season for outdoor activities and photography.

Happy Holidays! :)
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Tis the Season..............and the deep freeze continues!

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:57 am

Happy New Year everyone! This deep freeze is getting old!!!!! :shock: For those of you who are in warmer climates, much of the northeast, specifically New England, has been below freezing since Christmas Day and this chill is expected to continue for another week with one blip on Wednesday. We may reach 30! Days have only been in the teens and single digits, nights are brutal. My heating bills are rising and taking the pooch out is quite a challenge. I may have to invest in dog booties this week. :mrgreen:

I woke up to zero this morning and knowing it is so much worse in northern New England - Morgan, Vermont registering at a -18 and that is not even wind chill. Who would have thought that such a warm and late fall would lead to such an early and cold winter. Today's newspaper reports that New Years Day is the coldest in 100 years.

Living in New England certainly has its challenges! :wink: Nonetheless, here's to a sweet 2018! CT

Utah Baker

Re: Tis the Season..............

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 am

It certainly has been a brutal start to the New Year, but I certainly admire my daughter’s ability to find humor in her new situation in the frozen north. She has started a blog on her new adventures http://bizzylizzy.info/2018/01/11/warmi ... hampshire/. I love the picture of her in her swimming suit over her snow gear! :lol: Meanwhile here at home we can’t seam to buy a flake! We did get a nice storm for Christmas and the mountains have snow, but in the valley the grass is green and bare 40 degrees and some rain.:(. Them that wants and them that has!

I love learning interesting historical facts about Vermont. My daughter has made wonderful friends with a family that lives on Darling Hill. It was actually named for the Darling family of Peter Pan fame. They moved to Vt. bought the surrounding property and a railroad and still live in the area. Maybe some already new that, but I love it!

So looking forward to making our plans for another glorious fall! A Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to all!