Need help: VT/NH trip OCT 14 to 19

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Golds

Need help: VT/NH trip OCT 14 to 19

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:50 pm

I am planning to take a trip to the VT/NH area from OCT 14 through the 19th. This will be my first trip to the area to experience the Fall foliage (I will be flying in/out of Boston). I would like to get recommendations on places to visit/ scenic routes with good foliage views. A few places I had in mind were Peacham, Woodstock in VT and White mountain area. I was thinking of splitting my stay in Plymouth NH and Woodstock NH, they seem to be centrally located to cover a wide area for day trips. But if you have other suggestions for staying, those would be welcome! Thanks for your help! Excited about my upcoming trip :)

pwt54

Re: Need help: VT/NH trip OCT 14 to 19

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 am

After looking at the photos in this forum, I think Peacham will still be nice. But I think Woodstock, Vermont and south of there would be better. The Woodstock, New Hampshire area may be alright in the lowlands, but the highlands may be gone by. I would work south of there. The leaves are hanging on right now, but a big wind could change everything.

Golds

Re: Need help: VT/NH trip OCT 14 to 19

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Appreciate your feedback! Will there be places/spots in the White Mountains worth visiting?