What gives????

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bobbav

What gives????

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:45 am

Making my annual pilgrimage to VT this coming weekend. Seems like in all the years I have been coming, it always rains....BUT......70+ degress? I recall weekends in October where there was light snow and temps below 45-50!
Attachments
VT.JPG
Bob

Live life as if each day is your last!

From_the_NEK

Re: What gives????

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Some just call it unusual weather.
Most science leans toward this type of weather becoming more common.

bobbav

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Well, it looks like Friday is shaping up to be spectacular, and showers may be moving out for Saturday!
Bob

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Bob: have a great time! I knew the weather would change. It's New England, remember? :mrgreen: I'm hoping it is nice as well, most likely heading up again to Southern VT for the day. The other day will start touring NW CT as I came down route 7 all the way to CT yesterday and it was starting to look great on Canaan Mountain! I'm still on vacation and it was so gorgeous today.

Let us know how your trip went. Enjoy!

bobbav

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi CT! I will, thanks. Woodbury literally changed overnight last weekend. I think the trees got tired of waiting for the cooler air, and succumbed to the lack of longer daylight. I think with the cooler days we have had (thank gawwwwwd that humidity is gone), things will accelerate.
Bob

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Bob: I think you should have decent weather this weekend in Arlington. Stay positive! Just drive around and find your color, it may be a challenge, but there has to be some great color in SW VT in the route 7 corridor from Dorset into Manchester. When I came home Monday on 7 from Middlebury the mountains cradling route 7 on both sides looked so impressive and ready to burst I was contemplating staying in Manchester at my first inn another night! The trees did not look like they had any issues that were being reported up north.

Enjoy your weekend whatever comes your way! I'm headed into Woodbury, Southbury, Lake Waramug, Washington and Roxbury the weekend after this just to drive around. Let me know how it looks when you get back to Woodbury after VT.

CT

bobbav

Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Well, I think the peak finally hit the Litchfield Hills in CT this weekend, as most areas seem to have brought better color than i experienced in Southern Vermont last weekend. Even the Innkeepers stated that is was a late season this year, so I 'rolled the dice' and booked the same weekend for next October in Arlington.

Now, onto the Holiday season....and the colors of green, red, and white (which is also Italian)! :D
Bob

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi Bob! Glad to hear you rebooked for the same weekend! Did you do any fun things while you were up there? BTW, how are things in Woodbury for color this week? I may take a drive to Lake Waramaug Sunday, if I don't do the Coventry Farmers Market, and some back roads into Southbury, Roxbury and Bridgewater and then head up into Washington Depot area. Can you let me know if you have time, how the rain/wind affected your area?

Hope you are enjoying your new Woodbury locale this autumn!!!! I usually go to some festival in Roxbury at the congregational church but missed it this year as well as a great fall festival in Southbury and Woodbury.

You moved to a prime and pretty classy area in Connecticut! :wink:

CT