Heading to St. Johnsbury this tomorrow. Hoping for some color!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

dankimbear

Heading to St. Johnsbury this tomorrow. Hoping for some color!

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:04 am

We are finally able to head up to Vermont this weekend after 3 years, and will be in the St. Johnsbury area from Saturday through Monday before heading over to North Conway NH. Just hoping the foretasted wet weather will not mess things up. (thanks to ctyanky for your post yesterday on Plainfiled and Marshfield! :D )

Would appreciate an heads-up on good spots to see (hopefully) some color while we are up there.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Heading to St. Johnsbury this tomorrow. Hoping for some color!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:12 am

dankimbear: Good luck with your trip this weekend! My friend just got back from her hut to hut hike in the Whites and said the colors are gorgeous. It was a day before our colors starting popping out here so I think you will see the same. Let us know what you find so others can benefit as well. It's going to be awesome! Welcome to the forum by the way and please continue to post or ask away! If you go to route 2 in Marshfield or Peacham area, let us know about the colors! CT

dankimbear

Re: Heading to St. Johnsbury this tomorrow. Hoping for some color!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Thanks ctyanky, we made it to St. Johnsbury this afternoon around 3:00. We were pleasantly surprised by the amount of color we saw coming across route 11, with some reds and oranges starting to really show strength. The center of the state seems to be more green. This afternoon, we took time to drive to Groton as well as Marshfield, and again saw some great color. There were points along the way where the colors were more muted, but then other areas, especially along route 2 where the southern side of the valley was near peak. I will try and get some photo up tomorrow, and will add updated info as I can.