Anyone been to Vergennes?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Anyone been to Vergennes?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm leaving Waitsfield tomorrow and headed to Middlebury for the Columbus Day Weekend! So excited! I have so many fun things to do in the area but am first headed to Vergennes, a town that has been on my bucket list for years! Someone sent this to me so I am quite intrigued!

"The so-called smallest city in America, Vergennes is a low-key, quintessential Vermont town. Though its population doesn’t even break 3,000, Vergennes is home to world-class bakery Vergennes Laundry and the charming Black Sheep Bistro, which was sourcing locally long before it was a trend. Soon, Shacksbury Cider will be moving in, so you’ve got just about everything you need. It might be the best-kept secret on the East Coast. Now you know."
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Utah Baker

Re: Anyone been to Vergennes?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:01 am

Yes, but it's been years ago on one of our first trips. I remember the shopping was fun and the falls.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Loved Vergennes! What a great small town with an adorable town green with a monument and gazebo. Lots of nice shops and places to eat. I had a very fine lunch at the Hired Hand Brewing Company after some shopping in town. The Vergennes Laundry however, is closed and I heard it was for sale..... It was a nice ride up from Middlebury with so many places I had not seen before. Janice, will have to find out where the falls are, I wasn't even aware of them or I would have found it.

Hope you all can visit this sweet town some time in the future; I'm so glad I took the time to check it out! :D

So much to see and do in Vermont!!!! :D

Utah Baker

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 pm

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:08 am

Thanks Janice! Not sure how I missed the falls as I usually include area highlights with my town visits. Maybe next time I get up there! :D