Mack Mountain Road - Peacham

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mack Mountain Road - Peacham

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Hello! Took Mack Mountain Road today and I have forgotten how utterly beautiful that dirt road is! The color is coming on fast and there was minimal leaf drop! I took a new side road called Maple Tree Lane and it was just as gorgeous. It connects with Academy Road at some point. I met a photographer from NH at a point in the road where I found a small, hidden sugar shack. So beautiful! We exchanged some back roads together and shared our thoughts on the color. It was so fun! We were side by side on Maple Tree Lane, no one coming or going. A simple conversation amongst strangers and then we parted ways.

The hillside views at the lower point of the Peacham Cemetery are so beautiful. Spent some reflective moments there just soaking in the beauty of the long views. I remember being at this spot with Al Utzig a few years back. He shot some maples there and was so happy with the results. I think they may still be on his website.

Peacham may hold on to its colors a bit longer. A town that feels like a step back in time!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot